Hendershot Equipment is seeking a hard-working and responsible individual to fill the Staff Accountant/Bookeeping position. This position will maintain daily records and journals to facilitate the smooth running of all moneys transacted. Excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing business committed to excellent customer service.
- Handle receipt of cash and daily reconciliation of cash.
- Prepare customer statements and age accounts receivable monthly.
- Handle petty cash fund.
- Handle all filing and outgoing mail.
- Prepare and make bank deposits daily and keep a running balance of the bank account and reconcile monthly.
- Reconcile purchase orders.
- Post to all journals and keep them current.
- Prepare monthly trial balance and supply manufacturer with all financial information necessary.
- Verify all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare interim settlements upon completion of all sales and submit payment immediately.
- Prepare the employees payroll and maintain all pay records.
- Prepare all checks for payment of bills, making sure that payment has been authorized by the department head or other individual who is responsible for the expense.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 2 year(s): General office or bookkeeping experience, including experience with AR/AP and payroll
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Proficient in Quickbooks (preferred)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk & bend for short periods, lift up to 15 lbs.
- Must be available to work alternating Saturday shifts.
- Stellar organizational and communication skills.
- Competitive Salary + Commission
- Paid time off/paid vacation/paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Company-paid training and expenses
- Uniform cost sharing